15 Amazing Health Benefits of Hawthorn Berry!
Hawthorn berry is an individual from the rose family. Not surprisingly, the plant bears delightful blooms and eye-getting red berries. In any case, hawthorn berry is not only a beautiful plant — its blooms, berries and leaves are utilized for a long time now in managing a wide range of wellbeing issues.
When local to northern Europe, hawthorn berry can now be discovered everywhere throughout the planet. You can develop it in your patio nursery and have the dried parts transformed into powder that can be made into some tea, which might be on the intense side because of the heaps of catechins and cancer prevention agents it contains. That is uplifting news as the said plant-based chemicals are the ones making hawthorn berry truly useful for the wellbeing in any case!
On the off chance that planting is not your thing, you can basically buy hawthorn berry in various structures. As yet, devouring hawthorn berry as tea is the most favored approach to exploit the herb. Customary healers prescribe taking up to 3 measures of it a day to tackle its restorative potential.
Hawthorn berry has no known reaction, albeit a few people have reported having queasiness and palpitations. Much the same as with whatever other natural item, it’s a smart thought to illuminate your specialist about your arrangement on taking hawthorn berry tea — particularly on the off chance that you have a therapeutic condition or you are taking physician endorsed drugs.
Without further ado, here are 15 amazing health benefits that hawthorn berry is known to offer:
- Reduces blood pressure. Hawthorn berry is said to relax the walls of the blood vessels, causing the blood vessels to become dilated. This results in the reduction of high blood pressure.
- Lowers cholesterol. Based on studies, hawthorn berry tincture is highly effective in reducing bad cholesterol levels of laboratory mice provided with a high-fat diet.
- Eases angina. Angina happens when the heart is not getting enough blood that contains oxygen. It’s a serious symptom that should be evaluated by a specialist.
- Wards off atherosclerosis. The accumulation of plaque in the inner walls of the arteries, which is medically termed as atherosclerosis, can put you at high risk of various cardiovascular problems.
- Alleviates stress. Drinking hawthorn berry tea is known to help relieve stress. A lot of people swear by its ability to deal with the complications of having a stressful life.
- Provides relief from anxiety. Other than stress, anxiety is a problem that can be managed effectively with hawthorn berry tea which has mild sedating properties.
- Encourages a good night’s sleep. If you are unable to sleep at night, brew a cup of hawthorn berry tea and consume so that you may get to dreamland in no time.
- Promotes weight loss. Several studies have shown that certain compounds in hawthorn berry are capable of accelerating fat metabolism, thus assisting in successful weight reduction.
- Gets rid of indigestion. Speaking of fat, indigestion brought about by fatty meals may be relieved with the intake of a freshly-brewed cup of hawthorn berry tea.
- Removes excess water. Feeling bloated? Drinking hawthorn berry tea is said to help flush out excess water in the body. It’s because it has mild diuretic properties, which means it can increase urine production.
- Treats diarrhea. Thanks to its astringent properties, hawthorn berry tea helps put an end to diarrhea. Traditional healers also recommend it for dysentery.
- Cures sore throat. Allowing a cup of hawthorn berry tea to cool to room temperature may be used as a gargle to help treat sore throat, thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- Relieves hot flashes. Menopausal women who are bugged by hot flashes may attain relief from the intake of hawthorn berry tea or tincture, say the experts.
- Prevents liver disease. Hawthorn berry, according to numerous studies conducted on it, helps keep liver disease at bay by protecting the said organ from being inflamed.
- Slows down aging. The berries and leaves of the hawthorn berry plant are known to contain loads of antioxidants, making them effective in delaying the appearance of various skin aging signs.