There are a lot of people who are left-handed. The reason about it is a complex relation between genes and environment. Researches found that people who dominantly use their left hand have different brain wirings than righties and they always tend to be independent.
Here we are going to give you 23 interesting facts about left-handed people:
- Left-handed people use most of the time their right side of the brain.
- 5-10% of the word population are lefties.
- Left hand people tend to reach puberty 6 months later
- 4 United States presidents were left handed
- Left handed people are 3 times more likely to become alcoholics
- These people are good in tennis, swimming and boxing
- Left handed college graduates go on to become 26% richer than their right handed colleagues
- The word “left” comes from the Anglo-Saxon word “lyft” which means broken or weak.
- In the past left-handed people has been related with rebellion, mark of the devil, a sign of neurosis, nasty habit, criminality and homosexuality.
- Cats, rats and mice are also split between right and left pawedness
- Women who are pregnant in their 40s are more likely to have a left handed baby.
- 30 million people in the United States ate left handed
- Left handed people are more prone to allergies and asthma
- One of the Apollo astronauts was left handed
- Left handed are more talented in math and architecture
- The longest words can be typed using only the left hand
- A recent study found that if the left hander injures his left hand, he will easily learn to use his right hand
- Left handedness runs in the families. Lefties in the British Royal Family include the Queen Mother, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles and Prince William.
- Left handed often suffer from insomnia
- Some of the most wanted murderers on the planet such as Osama Bin Laden, The Boston Strangles and Jack the Ripper were left handed people.
- Left handed people have a day to celebrate being left handed. It is August 13th.
- Left handed people are more emotional and they tend to get angry faster than right handed people.
- Lefties are able to adjust to seeing underwater better than righties