Oil pulling, also known as “kavala” or “gundusha,” is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 20 minutes. This action supposedly draws out toxins in your body, primarily to improve oral health but also to improve your overall health.
Also, like old remedy oil pulling includes natural substances to clean and detoxify teeth and gums. It can whiten teeth naturally and improve gums health while removing harmful bacteria.
People who have tried oil pulling say it also helped them with skin conditions, arthritis, asthma, headaches, hormone imbalances, infections, liver problems and more.
However, your oral health will be improved, with less sensitive teeth and gums, and whiter teeth.
Say goodbye to bad breath, plaque, tartar and kill harmful bacteria in your mouth with only one ingredient!
How to perform oil pulling?
It is incredibly simple. Swish a couple teaspoons of vegetable based oil, such as coconut, sesame or olive oil in the mouth for 20 minutes.Then, spit it out and rinse well.This method is best done in the morning, before eating or drinking.Also it can be done before each meal in case of more dangerous infections or dental problems.
- Put 1-2 teaspoons of the chosen oil into the mouth.
- Swish for 20 minutes. The timing is important because this period of 20 minutes is long enough to break through plaque and bacteria.
- The oil will get thicker and milky and it should be creamy-white when spit out.
- Spit oil into the trash can instead into the sink. Also, do not swallow the oil because it is full of bacteria, toxins and pus that are not in the mouth anymore.
- Rinse well with lukewarm water.
- Finally, brush well.
- You may find it difficult at the beginning to keep a tablespoon of oil in your mouth, but you will get used to it after the first few minutes.
- Your mouth will be cleaner and fresher after every oil pulling. After a week, your smile will be visibly whiter and brighter.